Social Media Feed On Screen

robgarcia

I'm about to do a show where they want to run a social media feed. Twitter, instagram etc. and want to display it projected on the big screen we are hanging house left and right. Is there some kind of software that will do this?

Thx.

Rob

PC or Mac?

Do you want it like a ticker at the bottom where it just scrolls or a full animated image?

If you you're using a production switcher, several of them have recently been adding this feature directly into the switchers with firmware updates (for twitter at least). Broadcast Pix and NewTek Tricaster have both added this last I looked, likely others as well.

Two big features I'd love in Qlab are this: Being able to Display A Web Browser as a "video input" for out puts to multiple displays, and a Twitter feed ticker.

A site I've used is www.TwitterFall.com. Great options for full screen display, menus, etc go away. Can have multiple search terms based on a username or word using a hashtag. Also has "exceptions" where you can filter the stream with words that you dont want to see. Free and fun to use!

I have used Isadora to project web browsers for this exact purpose, though that software may be a little out of the price range or knowledge realm for a lot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back