Spike tape on marley floor? Is it ok?

We are wondering if we can use spike tape on the marley floor in our borrowed dance room without causing damage or leaving marks. I'm told it's actual marley, the only thing I know for sure is it's used a dance floor and is cushioned.

Michael
As Footer said it should be fine. BTW 'Spike Tape' like the 1/2" Gaff is not recomended only because of the inconsistency of friction between it and the Marley Surface. A lot of Dance companies <that I've worked with> prefer Vinyl tape like e-tape. it's important to cut it rather than break it off the roll as the tension causes the ends to curl up.

I'm told it's actual marley,
"Actual Marley" like Masonite, hasn't been made/sold since the 1960s.

If the tape, whether gaff or e-tape, leaves an impression in the floor (unlikely with yours since it is installed [glued down] and contains a cushion) just leave it alone and the imperfection will disappear within a day.

Thank you for the responses. We will give it a try with gaff tape. This is for blocking for Mary Poppins, I don’t know which scenes nor if there is much dancing going on so colored e tape probably isn’t needed here.

Reactions: Van
Marley - is that Bob or Jacob?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back