Automated Fixtures Studio Spot 575 Issue

Corey3245

We have two floor mounted 575 and the house left one works and the house right one does not. They are set up the same way. I'm not sure what te issue is. I checked the adresses and everything. We use a HogPC. and yeah they were patched in at some point and we put them away and then to take them out of a show. I'm not sure what the issue is. Any Ideas?

Let's start with the obvious. Do both of them have:

*good lamps
*power
*DMX reaching the unit

And, like AVKid said, what aren't they doing?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have no control over it.

And
Power:Check
DMx:Check
Good Lamp: I believe we put it in demo mood, so it moved and would turn the light itself on and off. So I know all that works.

I would first change the DMX address of the one that isn't working to the same address as the one that is. That way you will know if it is responding to signal from the console.

Also run the DMX from the working one to the nonworking to doublecheck signal. Also check the menus and see if they both have the same settings.

Is the 'Receive' light flashing? If not, you have no DMX signal at the fixture. If you have a signal, check to make sure that the address on the fixture is the same as the address in the patch. If you have no DMX at the fixture, mstaylor's suggestion to run the cable directly from the console to the non-working fixture is the next step.
Are they daisy chained or do they each have a run from an optical splitter?

Your Patch personality might be wrong. I know that can be a problem when I patch on the Eos. I will select the wrong personality type. 8bit as opposed to 16bit. If both fixtures are patched the same way check the actual fixture. See if it is looking for a different personality type.

Hope this helps you out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back