Woohoo Element!

Sony

Went to visit my college today and come to find out they have a brand new ETC Element. In fact they got the first ETC Element in the New England area. (they got it back in July)

I got to play with it for a little bit and I have to say I was really impressed! The thing is really nice, they got the largest one with 500 Channels and 60 Faders.

Here is a pic! Sorry for the poor quality, took it with my camera phone.

proxy.php

They are in the process of getting a touchscreen for it. Very fun to play with :)

Roger Williams University

Okay, Sony, we expect a soundlight-esque light show within a week.;)

Just curious, did the Element replace an Express? I wonder how much Element is going to cut into Ion sales? (I think we've discussed this before.)

Haha, I was just visiting so I wont be doing any light shows with it, I just got the play with it while visiting for like half an hour.

Yes, it replaced an Express 48/96, and doing well so far. I have a feeling the people with Express boards now will be more inclined to go for the Element rather than the Ion. So I feel like it WILL cut into Ion sales by a lot. Then the people with Expressions and Insights will go for the Ion and then people with Obsessions will go for the EOS or ION depending on their needs. Trinity Repertory Company has an Obsession 2 and they are thinking about replacing it with an EOS, it is however VERY expensive and budgets are tight now. The Obsession 2 with a Single Processor LPC cost them $30,000 when they bought it and they are having trouble justifying spending $35,000 on an EOS.

I'm not sure that it will cut Ion sales that bad. There are a lot of people out there with old Express consoles who have been saying, "Yeah it would be nice to upgrade but I don't need everything Ion can do and it's kind of expensive for my budget." Now with Element they can get an upgrade that perfectly matches their needs for a few thousand dollars less. In the Small community theater/church/high school market (which is Element's target demographic) a difference of only a couple thousand dollars can be critical.

...In the Small community theater/church/high school market (which is Element's target demographic) a difference of only a couple thousand dollars can be critical.
Kind of my point:
High schools/Community Theatres/Churches = Element
Colleges/Mid-Market = Ion
Universities/Professional Theatres = Eos.
Of course, there will always be exceptions, but one would think they should be UP, not down, the line.

We just had our element delivered on Tuesday. Lovin' every minute of it so far. The Innovator just can't compare.

BJH

Oh? You don't love yours?
I have only ever used one once, I almost cried.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back