16" Pin truss no bottom pins

Dagger

Usually take out cotter pins while still at working h
20230923_092600.jpg
20230923_092605.jpg
eight , land truss and hammer out 4 pins.

I was wondering if it would be possible to hammer out 2 bottom pins only while at working height ? ( see image 1)

** I have seen on a big arena show where the truss flew to trim height with only 2 top pins ( 2 trusses at the ends only) Reason was at working height there was obstruction ( seats). The two ends joint together while traveling up to trim. **

Usually take out cotter pins while still at working hView attachment 24823View attachment 24824eight , land truss and hammer out 4 pins.

I was wondering if it would be possible to hammer out 2 bottom pins only while at working height ? ( see image 1)

** I have seen on a big arena show where the truss flew to trim height with only 2 top pins ( 2 trusses at the ends only) Reason was at working height there was obstruction ( seats). The two ends joint together while traveling up to trim. **
WTF? Seriously, any labor savings will be eclipsed by the lawsuits and claims when The Bad Thing happens. Not if, but when.

We hoist some truss that is hinged on 2 pins, but it's a vertical tower.

Last edited:
Slightly off topic, but I recall an incident in Seattle a few years ago. A crew dismantling a tower crane thought they could remove some pins/bolts earlier in the process than specified by the manufacturer. The crane fell and killed several people, including bystanders. Safety first, convenience and time last.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back