300s track

Wondering if anyone can help me with an on going issue, a motorized main curtain with a 50' wide panel on each side, on a 300series track with a radius all the way across the proscenium keeps jamming the master carrier! Everything is installed correctly, splice, spindles, wire rope drummed nicely... We fix it, it works great for a month or so then it jammed up! Any ideas besides switching to 500s

When you say jam the master carrier, it goes catty wampus to the track and wheels bind against track? Vertical or horizontal bind?

(PS - Thanks for confirming mu choice of 500 instead of 300. Costs some more, lasts twice as long and works better.)

I relocated this thread so it is posted in the proper forum.

When you get a moment, stop back by the New Member Board and introduce yourself to everyone.

~Dave

When you say jam the master carrier, it goes catty wampus to the track and wheels bind against track? Vertical or horizontal bind?

(PS - Thanks for confirming mu choice of 500 instead of 300. Costs some more, lasts twice as long and works better.)
Actually the master carrier is catching on the spindle/idler, I thing that the h&h carriers are tearing up because of the weight of the curtain, and starting to dig into the track, causing it to kinda jump, then causing the wire rope to fall out of the spindle and when it travels back the master crashes into the spindle causing it to bind up

Not sure reference since Jackson Prep is a project I consulted on but no rigged 300 - just a very small walk along in video studio. Do you know which H&H master carrier - 317 or 329/349? 317 is nylon wheel on a rivet; 329/349 is nylon/neoprene on a shielded ball bearing. 300 is pretty light for a 50' half, and sleeve bearings instead of ball bearings will definitely not last long.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back