5/8" studs/ C-stands

venuetech

Departed Member
A fellow donated a stack of C-stands to the theatre recently and now I am in search of the stud adapters so i can make use of these.but there appears to be at least three sizes with a "junior" and a "baby" added to the normal. Can any one explane the differences?

There are two sizes, baby and junior. The baby size, like your stands, is configured with the stud end on the mounting device ( stand, plate,whatever) and the sleeve (with locking screw) on the fixture. The Junior size (much bigger) works the other way round, with the stud on the fixture and the sleeve on the stand.
What you're looking for is mostly known as a baby stud adaptor, made by lots of people,
to receive usually 1/2" or 3/8" bolts.

N.B. The baby/junior stand adaptor (dual facing studs,one small one large)is sometimes known as a "directors chair".

What you're looking for is mostly known as a baby stud adaptor, made by lots of people,
to receive usually 1/2" or 3/8" bolts.

N.B. The baby/junior stand adaptor (dual facing studs,one small one large)is sometimes known as a "directors chair".

C-stands always have a baby pin (5/8"), some of the stands donated must not be C-stands or perhaps some of them are "turtle base" stands and missing the column or riser.

Commonly called a TVMP or TeleVision Motion Picture adapter. "Directors chair" is also known as a butt plug.

I received two larger tripod stands also that have the "junior" socket and have a spring loaded popup baby stud located next to the junior socket.
it look like this adapter is made to fit both.
proxy.php

Thanks

I received two larger tripod stands also that have the "junior" socket and have a spring loaded popup baby stud located next to the junior socket.
it look like this adapter is made to fit both.
proxy.php

Thanks
That's correct, it will go either way, so to speak. Got a couple in my workbox......

Users who are viewing this thread

Back