Control/Dimming 5 pin dmx to house system

okay what you are talking about will do nothing for you, Stage pin is a way to send power not signal, DMX is signal not power. You need to find another connection that has either 5 pin dmx or 3 pin dmx (not audio connection). that is how you will be able to control the venues stage pin system. Also i would like to let you know that you should have a qualified electrician do this work as it is very expensive to fix any issues that could happen if you plugged into the wrong system.

Hey, is there anyway to connect a 5 pin system to a stage pin house system i am using the etc express 48/96 i am using both jacks on the back the 1-512 and the one next top it i forget what it is please help!!!!!!! ... Thanks

This smells of a revival of this thread.

DuckJordan is right in his assessment of the different types of connectors. Knowing what you are trying to connect will be the first step in this forum's ability to help you.

Take a look at this picture of the back panel of the Express console and let us know which of the ports you are using.
Express Back-Panel.JPG
Next, where are you trying to connect those cables? To a panel on the wall? To another (portable) device?
If it is to a panel on the wall, can you describe that panel?
If it is to another device, what is that device? Make/model will go along way here...

My guess from this, and your previous post, is that you are wanting the Express console to be able to control your dimming system (which has 3-Pin Stage Pin outout connectors). If that is the case, do you know what type of dimming rack(s)/pack(s) you have? That information will also greatly help this forum to assist in answering your questions.

Also, if you are able to, pictures can go a long way to help identify exactly what you are trying to connect and to make sure we are talking in apples to apples, not apples to tangerines.

Last edited:
How do you control your House Lights now? Are they switched On & Off or can you dim them or Fade them out? If dimmed then what controls do you use to operate them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back