Control/Dimming 520i Fixture Library

Inky

Hey,
Can someone out there remind me how to load a new fixture library onto a 520i? I've tried rewriting this one fixture a dozen times and I keep getting an "invalid att" error when I try to save it. I'd like to start fresh.

Thanks

THanks! I do need more help than that though. I've already edited the fixture library file, copied one of the strand library files into the file on the desk. When I save it tells me I have an invalid attribute. I believe it's because I've added more attributes than the default list on the desk had, it had 93, I have some attributes in the 100's. I've updated the attribute list in the file, but because it has a # the console ignores it anyway. I can't find any info on uploading a "new" fixture library, though I assume it has something to do with dropping into DOS and copying a new FIXTURE.LIB over the old one.

THanks! I do need more help than that though. I've already edited the fixture library file, copied one of the strand library files into the file on the desk. When I save it tells me I have an invalid attribute. I believe it's because I've added more attributes than the default list on the desk had, it had 93, I have some attributes in the 100's. I've updated the attribute list in the file, but because it has a # the console ignores it anyway. I can't find any info on uploading a "new" fixture library, though I assume it has something to do with dropping into DOS and copying a new FIXTURE.LIB over the old one.

If you can, please post a copy of the file that you are having problems with or at least the fixture that you are having problems with and the profile you wrote for it.

I don't think there is any issue with having attributes in the 100s, but you may have to use the right numbers. I don't know this for a fact, but you may be limited to 126 attributes (That was the highest Attribute number in the original list on my consoles). Also, you should note that you cannot use xhAtt (16-bit) above attribute 99. However, you can use 16-bit (xhAtt) extended attributes for any attribute between 1-99.

I use a custom fixture library with profiles for all the fixtures that I own, so mine is probably of little use to you unless you want to see the formatting. The only way I know of to replace the fixture library is through DOS. If you don't really know DOS, find someone ho does or you can really mess things up on your console. Also, make sure that your fixture library has the proper name and file extension when you copy it to the console. If your library does not contain 99 fixtures, the console will add back fixtures from the default library in the missing spaces. It is worth noting that you can only have 99 fixtures in the library.

Fell free to shoot off more questions.

If you are adding a fixture to an existing library, just edit it manually. (MORE > NOTES DISP > LOAD FILE > FIXT LIB) If you need to go deeper (sounds like you do) then drop down into DOS, (Report > Exit > Shutdown), when you see the multi-language shutdown screen, you are at a DOS prompt. Just start typing.

You should be in the 220OS directory (C:\220OS\), in not, then CD.. to change directory back up one in the tree. Do that as often as you need to get back to a simple dos prompt. Then CD 220OS [ENTER] to get into the software directory. Now DIR FIXTURE.* [ENTER] This will show you a list of all of the fixture library files. You should see the FIXTURE.LIB, FIXTURE.BAK (backup), FIXTURE.NEW (the one that starts with a new showfile) and FIXTURE.OLD (old version). Feel free to edit any of these as you see fit. EDIT FIXTURE.LIB [ENTER] to edit the standard library.

One thing I'll mention. You indicated that you may be assigning non-legal attributes to a fixture. If the sw is old enough, (can't remember which version changed it), the sw had less than 100 attribute options so only 2 digits were available. The current version is 2.8.6 and that allows 126 attributes so make sure you are on the latest sw. If you need, the latest sw is on the website at Strand Lighting - A Philips Group Brand

Let me know if you need more help by email. [email protected]

Thanks Bobby!

I'll go try that and check the sw version right now. That's probably the issue. Ignore the e-mail I sent to the address from your design website.

Yep, I was running v2.6. I updated and it's patched just fine now. Though I think I may have defaulted our attribute permissions. I don't remember having just 250 channels before the update. :( Ah well, at least it's working.

Hello
Sorry for bad english,i'm from Russia

My friend has asked me about the help
It has a Strand 520i with an old operating system in Russian (from 2002 year) and moving heads SGM Giotto Spot & Wash 1200
They aren't present in library

Who has such panel, whether can look there are in a new operating system these profiles?

I as have downloaded from an official site .txt a file with library and have changed SGM 400 spot on SGM 1200 spot (a part of channels coincide)

here my code
[8][GS1200 - Giotto Spot 1200]
3, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
x3, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
4 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
x4, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
5, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
2, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
8, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
68, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
1, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
23, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
7, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
33, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
6, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
????????????????????????????
????????????????????????????
10, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
17, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
20, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0

I don't know what parameters to use for CH 14 and 15
it's lenses and filters

i can using any parametrs?

And a question how me correctly to write down all it in the console?

Here is the fixture library info for the GSM Gotti Spot 1200.

Just manually edit your fixture library to add/replace this fixture type.

Let me know if you have anything else. [email protected]

[8][GS1200 - Gotti Spot 1200]
3, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
x3, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
4 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
x4, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
2, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
11, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
12, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
13, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
1, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0
41, 0, 0, 255, 0, 0