Mixers/Consoles A&H ZED-420 USB Effects?

I recently bought a Allen & Heath ZED 420. Very nice desk, but onboard effects would have been
nice to have for the smaller gigs where I don't want to lug arround outboard gear...

I want to know if its possible to do live effects with the use of USB and a PC. Maybe some kind of plugin or something...

Thanx

I recently bought a Allen & Heath ZED 420. Very nice desk, but onboard effects would have been
nice to have for the smaller gigs where I don't want to lug arround outboard gear...

I want to know if its possible to do live effects with the use of USB and a PC. Maybe some kind of plugin or something...
I believe this has been discussed several times here and in other forums and the consensus seems to be that the latency involved in that approach is generally unacceptable in live sound applications.

Its doable, but as mentioned the latency is quite a bother. I've tried it myself as a test... so unless you want it to sound like the latency causes, don't even bother.

The built-in USB is still useful of course... just don't try and use it for effects for the love of god.

I believe this has been discussed several times here and in other forums and the consensus seems to be that the latency involved in that approach is generally unacceptable in live sound applications.

?

Most of the time I will dial in 15-80msec of predelay on many effects that I use in order to seperate them from the dry signal. I'm trying to understand why an additional few milliseconds of latency from the interface can't be compensated with by reducing the predelay of the desired effect.

For EQ, compression/limiting, ect it is an issue, and most of the time when I hear about interface latency being a problem it is specifically with EQ or compression plugins, not efx plugins.

Last edited:
The problem is not with also changing your delay to work but as you get more intensive with your effects you'll find the delay is much longer than a few milliseconds.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread

Back