A question about ION tutorials/ workshops.

lhappel

Does anyone know how I could obtain a discount code for a ION workshop? I'd love to go to the one in Rochester NY and love a good bargain. I'm willing to call to ask but was wondering if there was any info on line to just get a discount code as most places are shut down on a Saturday. Thanks!

I am also new to this site and wish I'd found it years ago. Can anyone direct me to how I might download a virtual ion board for free and how I might make sure I have the latest software version on that board? The biggest challenge for a slightly older ME is trying to keep up with the new boards. It seems like the moment I have a new technique mastered it is obsolete. I know life is an continuous classroom, but it is exhausting 'sprinting' from one way to do something to the next. Thanks! ;)

Does anyone know how I could obtain a discount code for a ION workshop? I'd love to go to the one in Rochester NY and love a good bargain. I'm willing to call to ask but was wondering if there was any info on line to just get a discount code as most places are shut down on a Saturday. Thanks!

I am also new to this site and wish I'd found it years ago. Can anyone direct me to how I might download a virtual ion board for free and how I might make sure I have the latest software version on that board? The biggest challenge for a slightly older ME is trying to keep up with the new boards. It seems like the moment I have a new technique mastered it is obsolete. I know life is an continuous classroom, but it is exhausting 'sprinting' from one way to do something to the next. Thanks! ;)

The off-line editor is at version 1.9.8, same as the console. You can download it for free, it's in either Mac or Windows versions. When using, I'd recommend a 2nd monitor as it makes viewing stuff easier, especially if you open a Virtual Keyboard in the Lower Left portion of the screen (eliminates having to use the computer keyboard shortcuts.)

Lighting solutions for Theatre, Film & Television Studios and Architectural spaces : ETC

I'd recommend downloading the Adobe 1.9.8 release notes as well as the 1.7 manual, all in the ETC Downloads section, all free.

Lighting solutions for Theatre, Film & Television Studios and Architectural spaces : ETC

As well as the Tea Break tutorials, the regular training video's are here:

In general, search around the ETC site as well, including the WiKi and Knowledge Base

ETC Product Wiki Table of Contents - Electronic Theatre Controls

As to discount codes ?. Nope, can't help you there.

But a hearty welcome to the Booth.

EDIT: Well, Derek's up early !

I don't know about a discount, but the classes are very good. IMO it's worth the cost (assuming you have the console or are planning on getting one). They also make most things very easy to understand.

Last edited:
If you're a student, ETC offers a discount code that you can get that I believe gives you 50% off. Other than that, I don't know that they have any kind of a discount.

However, I can say that for what you're getting out of it, the training is well worth the price. The instructors there are top-notch, and they are truly invested in helping you become a better programmer. While they'll teach you a lot about the console while they're there, they will also become a resource for you in the future that you can call up at any time to ask questions or troubleshoot an issue you're having.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back