Design ADJ UV 16 vs Cob Cannon UV

Both are LED based, and that can be a problem. The UV bandwidth that is given out by LEDs does not interact with much of what we would expect to fluoresce under UV light.
If you are on a budget and cannot put together the funds for something like a widefire unit, then your best bet might be the mercury lamp based UV canon.
If you want to go on the super-cheap, there is actually a very low budget route using the reflector work lamps from Home Depot, fitted with the curly blacklight CFLs. For some reason, those stupid things work real well!

Yeah I know the LED stuff can put off more of a purple light. I have seen some LED unit still make things pop pretty well. I am trying to steer clear of the wildfire style stuff for a few reasons. Start up time, Lamp replacement, Size and power draw. I am curious if anyone has used the two lights I mentioned and if so if they could compare them? I know the Cob is pretty new and not sure how many folks have hands on with it but figured this would be the place to ask.

I ended up purchasing four of the Cob Uv lights. They were very impressive. In this pic they were at a 20' trim. Stage lit with just the four of them and a spotlight in this shot. This picture does illustrate the purple hue some member mentioned but they were really popping in person from reports from the tech on site. I will see if I can post some better pictures in the future with some fluorescent colors in the mix or something.
proxy.php

The leading drawback to LED 'blacklight' fixtures has been the heavy presence of visable purplish light. An effective 365nm emitter has recently been developed and and made available to Apollo for a new lighting fixture, which is currently in pre-production. I'll post additional info and luminosity specs in the near future- :)

Reactions: Ric

Users who are viewing this thread

Back