Control/Dimming Seeking Advice: How to Create & Control LED light strip sequences and control their tempo.

scottallencello

I am a live music performer. I am building an electric cello with built-in lighting effects.

My goal/challenge is this....

I want to control 2 LED Strips, one RGBW 5050 style for color and one 365nm UV strip for enhancing florescence. I wish to program time based sequences for these two lights and then, during performances I want to control sequence selection and tempo.

If tempo was just a slider or a knob with a tempo indicator, meh but okay. What I really want is to use a tap tempo foot controller to adjust tempo during live performance.

Does anyone have knowledge about how I would accomplish this lighting control?

I am a live music performer. I am building an electric cello with built-in lighting effects.

My goal/challenge is this....

I want to control 2 LED Strips, one RGBW 5050 style for color and one 365nm UV strip for enhancing florescence. I wish to program time based sequences for these two lights and then, during performances I want to control sequence selection and tempo.

If tempo was just a slider or a knob with a tempo indicator, meh but okay. What I really want is to use a tap tempo foot controller to adjust tempo during live performance.

Does anyone have knowledge about how I would accomplish this lighting control?
A pair of something like these, giving you 6 channels of control, Each color of the RGBW, and the UV strip each get a channel, which you can control via the board. You'll also need a pair of power supply of the correct voltage capable of powering all the strips connected to each controller.

Do want your colour tape to be all the same colour or do want to be able to set the colour of each LED individually?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back