All or nothing won't work for me!

I have set a lighting rig for a show and my lights are not responding correctly. When adjusting the channel faders on incandescents, there is no response from 0 to 50, then instant full intensity from 51 to 100. It looks like the dimmer curves have been lost, but my leds work just perfectly. I'd appreciate any help that's offered. I'm running a nsi 7532 in DMX mode, driving dp-415 dimmers (this is where the problem is). Thanks!

Looks like you have the dimmer packs in switch mode. Here's an explanation from the manual.

; "> 2. Select between "Dimmer" & "Switch" modes:
Setting dip switch 10 to the “ON” position, sets the DP-415 to act as a four channel switch pack. When dip
switch 10 is set to the "OFF" position, the DP-415 acts as a four channel dimmer pack.
When set to "Switch" mode, the channel output will switch ON at DMX value 128. Any DMX value
below 128 will switch the relevant channel OFF.
When set to "Dimmer" mode, channel output can be gradually dimmed UP or Down between
DMX values 000 to 255

I have set a lighting rig for a show and my lights are not responding correctly. When adjusting the channel faders on incandescents, there is no response from 0 to 50, then instant full intensity from 51 to 100. It looks like the dimmer curves have been lost, but my leds work just perfectly. I'd appreciate any help that's offered. I'm running a nsi 7532 in DMX mode, driving dp-415 dimmers (this is where the problem is). Thanks!
I sure hope you come back, thank poster #2 for his time and efforts on your behalf AND give him a "Like" for bothering.
The internet doesn't have to be a greedy, thankless, place.
Toodleoo!
Ron Hebbard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back