Another greeting from Australia

Lyle Williams

Hi,

I'm pretty well at the bottom of any lighting credibility heirarchy, and that doesn't trouble me. I don't do this for a living.

I'm trying to get better (more creative, less repetitive) with my party lighting. I have ~45 fixtures (half led pars, the rest things that blink/spin/move), wireless DMX, ArtNet, and I generally control it with software I write rather than a lighting desk.

I have a comms (RF and WAN) background.

Thanks in advance for your advice and patience,

Lyle

Reactions: Ric

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Yay! More Aussies!

SteveB

Hi,

I'm pretty well at the bottom of any lighting credibility heirarchy, and that doesn't trouble me. I don't do this for a living.

I'm trying to get better (more creative, less repetitive) with my party lighting. I have ~45 fixtures (half led pars, the rest things that blink/spin/move), wireless DMX, ArtNet, and I generally control it with software I write rather than a lighting desk.

I have a comms (RF and WAN) background.

Thanks in advance for your advice and patience,

Lyle
Welcome to CB.

Just a note that as we discovered this week on this thread - https://www.controlbooth.com/threads/what-happened-to-pars.41490/

LED's and movers are already obsolete and you need to start thinking along these lines

http://www.cyber-motion.com/cyberhoist-ii-automates-huge-par-can-rig-for-kanye-west.aspx

SteveB

Thanks. While there are always new lights, I'm happy my led pars aren't history yet. :)
Maybe, but these can heat up a good part of town, as well as a few pizza's, LOL

Where are in Oz ?, as BTW. I've a nephew living in Melbourne, want to school there, 5 years now, loves it.

Ric

Canberra, that little place where all the "decisions" are made for the rest of the country.

welcome from another Aussie. :)

Users who are viewing this thread