Another new member froim Rhode Island

Drueke

Hi,
I found the thread about exploding FELs yesterday and joined to get some advice.

I've been a geek all my life and 'retired' from software development a few years ago. When disco was getting started in the 70's I was a part-time DJ, spinning top40, and making cans from 1gallon paint cans w. aluminum yokes and 6" gel frames in front, with medium screw base sockets in the bottom of the can. It worked for me...

Now I'm in my later 60's and am providing audio, photo and video services for performing artists (Jazz and cabaret) in the greater Boston area (AustinLaneStudios | Home Page) to stay busy. I've found myself doing sound and photos for a cabaret group (BACA - Welcome to BACA) at a music school performance that has no decent lighting on the stage area. I decided to help them out and have purchased a few PAR 38 and 56 cans, a couple 6" fresnels and a couple Strand 2212s, all controlled w. a 16ch DMX controller and 4 dimmer packs.

I understand basic 3 point and warm/cool lighting design and will learn more with experience. I'll learn a lot too by reading the forums here.

Ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back