Any fun custom consoles exist out there?

I saw awhile back that someone had put together a custom chamsys console, was wondering if there was anything else like that out there. I'm toying with the idea of making one as kind of a joke around project for my classes.

Thanks in advance!

That Chamsys was basically a really well-executed midi controller. Now I don't know if I would call it a console but If you google Luke Stratton Designs for youtube videos, you will find a Frankenstein of midi controllers sing some clever lua scripting.

Not necessarily consoles, but I did just put together some awesome MA Wing Setups for @Pie4Weebl's and my company! Custom industrial computers, dual NICs for MAnet/Artnet, keyboard drawers, back connector panels, battery backups, 20" ELO touchscreens that have 2 positions, &c. Had the cases custom made for us and then I did the build once the cases came in. Had our third partner (not on CB) solder all of the internal DMX cables that terminate to panel mount jacks on the back. Just finished these up the other day and I'm really proud of them. Built them both for less than the cost of a used MA2 Light.

wiki-asset

Last edited:
Not necessarily consoles, but I did just put together some awesome MA Wing Setups for @Pie4Weebl's and my company! Custom industrial computers, dual NICs for MAnet/Artnet, keyboard drawers, back connector panels, battery backups, 20" ELO touchscreens that have 2 positions, &c. Had the cases custom made for us and then I did the build once the cases came in. Had our third partner (not on CB) solder all of the internal DMX cables that terminate to panel mount jacks on the back. Just finished these up the other day and I'm really proud of them. Built them both for less than the cost of a used MA2 Light.

That's actually exactly the kind of stuff I'm looking for! That's so freaking cool!

In terms of coding, I don't have the skill for something like that. I've been thinking about doing something similar with chamsys hardware and other hardware that would make for a more full fledged desk. Can I ask what a ballpark number for pulling this off was? PM would work if you'd rather not mention publicly.

This is really really awesome, though. :)

I've been thinking about doing something similar with chamsys hardware and other hardware that would make for a more full fledged desk. Can I ask what a ballpark number for pulling this off was? PM would work if you'd rather not mention publicly.

The price depends on what specs you want to put in it - you can quickly add up the cost of the monitors, computer, rack accessories, rackmount UPS, &c; get a quote on a case that fits your specific hardware in question; and add the cost of that specific hardware. We went high spec on the touchscreens in particular, going for the ELO 2002L monitors which are - based on my research - simply the best 20" touchscreen that money can buy today. They're designed for install and even have screw down pieces to clamp cables in place and prevent them from coming unplugged. Our computers that we built (in a 1u rackmount chassis) use industrial motherboards designed for incredibly long life cycles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back