Any tricks for a strand 200?

adude23

Hey guys wondering if anyone knows any tips or tricks on using this board? am going to tech a production of teachers (great play by the way lol) and was wondering if there were any interesting tricks i could do with it?
~adude~

Its a pretty standard 2 scene preset, haven't touched on like it in a long time. You might be able to do some chases, but I think that will be about it.

I haven't used a 200 but from the discussion from blueroom it seems quite good. A google search "Strand 200" brought up a lot of hits. The Bluerom discussion is near the top.

It appears that you can record cues to the submasters and then manually fade between them. One guy says you can do chases. Apparently you can have only up to 96 submasters. But for a play that should be enough especially if you do all blackouts with the grandmaster instead of in a cue.

Best trick I can give you is program your show as a chaser with a chaser and then use the chasers go button to give you one button playback. also means you need to have the same fade time on each cue, or make them all snaps and change them as you go along...

Thanks everyone ill try some of these when i get my hands on the desk next week keep these comments coming i think they may prove useful to others as wel as me
cheers again
~adude~

I'm particularly interested in sub masters could someone take me through step by step how to do them on this board also anything else like if you have to be in a particular mode
cheers

Sorry if this seems obvious, but I would start by downloading, then reading, the PDF of the Manual. It may then be better to post your questions in the Strand Forum.

To record a sub:
1) Put the console in the appropriate mode. This will be either 1 or 2 scene mode.
2) Set the lights.
3) Press "Record"
4) Press the bump button of the desired sub
5) Press "Record" again

Repeat this for every sub. You have two pages of subs, so on a 24/48 console that is 96 subs.

You then can place the console in "Sub" mode and use the X/Y faders as cross faders. Use the time sliders to automate the time of the fade. The left slider is Up time the right is down, so you can do split fades if you want.

The manual is right full of information, if not always clear. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Thanks Darthrob13 exactly what i wanted :)
~adude~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back