anyone have any idea who makes these and the DMX / setup instructions...????

trinitygrp

Have 5 of these and for the life of me can't figure out the DMX on them...they had 4 pin interconnects that were turned into 3 pin XLR with blue / green now to pin 1 and red to pin 2 and black to pin 3...but they don't seem to want to see our Chauvet board...they are RGB fixtures

9116-anyone-have-any-idea-who-makes-these-dmx-setup-instructions-screen-shot-2013-03-31-7.36.38-am.png
9117-anyone-have-any-idea-who-makes-these-dmx-setup-instructions-screen-shot-2013-03-31-7.36.30-am.png
9118-anyone-have-any-idea-who-makes-these-dmx-setup-instructions-screen-shot-2013-03-31-7.36.23-am.png

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 7.36.38 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 7.36.38 AM.png
    420 KB · Views: 466
  • Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 7.36.30 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 7.36.30 AM.png
    373.4 KB · Views: 462
  • Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 7.36.23 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2013-03-31 at 7.36.23 AM.png
    359.6 KB · Views: 420
They look like Colorkey IP65 units. I have 8 of those, although they are RGBA. I believe Colorkey had a Chinese manufacturer that they were just buying from and doing QC on, so these are more than likely from some Chinese factory. Are you sure there's no amber in there? If there is and you're interested in selling them (or trading for something non waterproof) please let me know. Colorkey closed its doors this year and I'd love to get more of these IP65 units.

As far as the DMX layout, plug one in and patch about 10 dimmer channels. Start pushing up faders and writing down which ones do what. I believe mine are Dimmer, Red, Green, Blue, Amber, Strobe, Macro

Last edited:
Yes I believe they are from colorkey but not RGBA, but I will check. We have 5 of them. And yes would be interested in selling for the right price.

Then you're not in DMX mode. Press the mode button until A### appears. Then press setup (which should be "enter") and the up and down buttons to set the DMX starting address. I would probably start at 001, but whatever works for your particular situation. Once you get it figured out let me know if they have the amber diode. If they don't then they're not Colorkey. If they do then they probably are and I would certainly take them off your hands.

I do have 8 of the RGBA fixtures on light bars. I may be interested in moving those out at the right price. They are colorkey fixtures as you described.

They probably came from one of a number of Chinese workrooms. If you look at places like Alibaba, you'll find numerous LED pars, all with the same case, with marginally different diode layouts, etc.

Regardless, the dmx protocol should be fairly easy to figure out, if you can get the fixture addressed to channel 1. My guess is there are several modes and the fixture is in a mode with an intensity channel or something.

Also, I find Chauvet boards (like the Obey series) are idiosyncratic, so maybe there's some oddball thing you're not doing. Or it could be the fixture has a bad dmx card or cable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back