Loudspeakers Apogee replacement parts

norwintd

Fight Leukemia
I have 4 Apogee AE-8 cabs with blown out horns and I am looking for replacement drivers or looking to just replace the diaphragms. I havent been able to find much on the AE-8(except apogee spec sheet), most info I have found is AE5 and 3x3's. So if anyone has a source for direct replacement or equivalent replacement parts it would be appreciated.

I have sent a message to Apogee. I am for a response from them but thought maybe someone here could help me out as well.

If I remember correctly, when we called Apogee about replacement grill foam (for AE-5's), they told us there was a guy out west somewhere who bought most of the OEM parts for Apogee. I'll see if I can get that info from my old boss. I'll let you know hopefully by Monday.

Last edited:
The drivers are proprietary, so you should get them from Apogee. The AE-8s appear to still be in production, so parts should be available. If you use Apogee's processor properly, with the amplifier sensing (servo-loop), they should be extremely resilient to blowing drivers. If you don't have the dedicated processor, it would be a worthwhile investment. The AE series speakers really shine with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back