Arggghhh! Hard drive failure - kudos to ETC.

JLNorthGA

I am losing the hard drive on our Element 40/250. Got an annoying message last night (which was a Windows pop-up) saying that something was wrong. When we tried to reboot last night, we got the blue screen of death. Further reboots got us to the grey Element screen.

The on-call tech patiently walked us through the procedure to get us into safe mode and get us functioning. ETC is supposed to send us out a loaner board and we will send ours back for repair. Thank goodness for flash drives and backing up files!

The other thing I have learned is to write down the settings. I am going to have to restore everything to where it was before. I've saved the show files after every change - but I didn't save the settings.

Good reminder to Save early, Save often. All digital consoles are susceptible to things like hard drive failure.

Glad ETC is getting things sorted out for you!

Yeah, that happened to mine too right before I left for the summer. ETC was on the ball right away, it was just our local rep that dragged their feet. ETC walked me through how to get it working again and gave me a repair id after it happened again. I'm expecting to see the console still sitting there when I get back. By the time our local rep finally responded back, I was already half way across the country. I passed the info on to my co-workers but I doubt they followed up on it. It would have been easier if the rep's didn't take the packing box with them during the install. It should be interesting because they got bought out right before I left as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back