AT Wireless mics

I have an Audio-Technica ATW-T341 Mic and it mysteriously stop working this morning. The mic powers up, batteries are fresh, and the display looks as it usually does. The only problem is, there is no sound coming into the receiver. The mute lock is on so I know that is not an issue. Any thoughts?

What exactly do you mean by "stopped working". My guess is that the frequency got changed.

Does the receiver show any RF when you power up the transmitter (can you SEE/have access to the receiver)?

Look on the front screens (on both the transmitter and receiver) and make sure they both have the same frequency.

Did anything change or get unplugged in the system?

Is there an amp, mixer, etc (other equipment) that got turned off or otherwise disabled that needs to be turned on/looked at?

Give us more information on your setup and we can help you troubleshoot.

When you speak into the mic does the AF meter bounce? If it does, then your problem isn't the mic, but from the audio output of the receiver to system. If it doesn't bounce, like William said, make sure that the transmitter's frequency is the same as the receiver frequency.

If the frequencies are the same, make sure that there is nothing else using that frequency that might be blocking out your mic. If there is nothing else on that frequency, set a different receiver to the mic's transmitting frequency and see if that works.

Perhaps, it is locked into mute? I've done that a couple of time to keep ENG crews from getting too close to my frequencies.

Good Luck.

I have to agree. As a user and dealer for AT for over 20 years, their wireless systems to not typically just fail. Not that it isn't possible just that it would be surprising.

Check connections, battery polarity, frequency settings, RF level setting for the receiver, etc.

If you still can't resolve the problem, give me a call and I'll arrange for a RA# for AT Service Repair.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back