automated scenery.

Van

CBMod
CB Mods
Premium Member
Need suggestions for a company, from whom I can rent an automation package. ..... And ..... GO !

Ah Yes, I guess I should have stated. We are looking to rent a package, like 4 winches and a control system. This is for a a production of Long Days Journey into Night we are co-producing with Sydney Theater company.

Creative Conners. Done.

We had a motor and controller in for a 2 week run and it worked great. Its a turnkey solution that works great.

Chicago Scenic also has a great automation dept. The guy that taught me automation is now running the dept. They just rolled out a new motion control system that looks pretty interesting.

Last edited:
FTSI.

They can build anything you can dream, as long as you draw it on the back of a large enough check.

Well, Creative Connors sure seems to be the front runner at present, as they are the only company to get back to me yet.
Lookls like with the length of run and limited size of over-all production CC seems to be the only one with the gear, the guys and the prices..... I'll keep y'all informed.

Another possibility would be to contact the Oregon Shakespeare Festival. They do a fair amount of automation, ( they handle it in house) and have been talking about doing occasional custom work for other venues. I don't know if they are just talking, or if this is something they might be interested in. At least it would be close to you.

If you need contact info send me a PM

A T.D. buddy of mine up here might be willing to rent his gear out. I sent him an e-mail to see if that's an option.

EDIT: He's got some stuff he might be willing to rent if the schedule works out. Check your work e-mail.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back