Teaching Automation for Beginners

lynnware

Hello all
I have recently started teaching and I am trying to find a book or diagrams for teaching a basic automation class.
I am looking for info on deck dogs, knives, sheaves, and deck winches. I know how everything works but trying to find diagrams of a deck set up for a wagon to move on and off stage are in eluding me. I might have to try and dig up some drawings from a show I worked on a while ago but I was wondering if there is a book that would be best to use. And no I have not purchased any books to teach with yet. I have my eye on a few but I wanted to know what books would be best for teaching the scene shop portion only of a class.
Thanks for the help

There are a few books out there. This may be one of the most popular, but also look at this one which may have more practical aplications for what you need.

See if you can get ahold of USITT Tech Expo books. Dogs, winches both manuual and motorized are a common topic.

Good Morning lynnware

there were 3 books sited. Which book did you like?

I too work with a local school at times.
Thanks

The first it gave me a broad enough scope without going into details and mathematical equations that I could not relay in an hour long class. Although the second book looks interesting for myself to read and get a better understanding of automation. I did not see a third book listed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back