Backstage Jobs is now Offstage Jobs

rochem

BackstageJobs.com is now OffstageJobs.com

Relax. It's just a name change.

We haven't been bought, we're not shutting down. Everything remains the same, except for the name, which means you will need to update your bookmarks to OffStageJobs.com.

Why? Well, the folks at Backstage.com and I got to talking. A visitor confused about which site they are really dealing with is an unhappy visitor. Neither the folks at Backstage.com nor I want visitors to be confused when finding our sites, especially when we offer some similar services. So, after some very friendly and positive conversations, we've decided this name change should help everyone.

We now become OffStageJobs.com. Backstage.com takes legal title to the name "BackstageJobs.com." Just the name, not the service. There will be a period of transition to allow everyone time to update their links and bookmarks, but there will be no interruption in our service.

What does this mean for you? Mostly, just changing your bookmarks to OffStageJobs.com. If you had a special bookmark to us, such as for just displaying Electrician jobs, you will need to edit the "backstagejobs.com" part of it to "offstagejobs.com". If you have spam filters, our server email will now send from [email protected]. My email is now [email protected].

Our Twitter account will change to reflect our new OffStageJobs.com name, though this should not require any action on the part of those currently following it. Our "Cue to Cue" blog address has changed with the new domain name, but our links should be updated to reflect that already.

Everything not related to our name stays the same. User accounts remain the same, all existing job and Contact Sheet listings remain the same, my snarky sense of humor remains the same... Most importantly, our goal remains the same: to help you find behind-the-scenes work in the live entertainment industry.

Think of it as continuing the show, but changing the title on the marquee.

OffStageJobs.com. Please update your links and bookmarks now.

Patrick Hudson
Founder, Owner, Webmaster
OffStageJobs.com family of sites

Also see www.controlbooth.com/forums/news/28028-backstagejobs-com-receives-cease-desist-backstage-com.html.

Wow. Just wow.

Ridiculous. Backstage.com should have changed their name to onstage.com. Isn't that where actors want to be? On stage and not backstage?

Don't get me wrong, I'm glad Mr. Hudson decided to be the bigger person... I just hate seeing a 'win' go to the company whose name doesn't even match their service.

According to their Facebook, they were founded in 1960 so there's that. But still, this is upsetting.

Best of luck to Patrick. At least he was able to be civil about it (I'd be willing to bet that he kindly reached out first) and didn't have to go through the expense of lawyering up.

Last edited:
Ridiculous. Backstage.com should have changed their name to onstage.com. Isn't that where actors want to be? On stage and not backstage?

I agree and thought the same thing as you. It is stupid, I also worry about new employers finding the website. The only reason I ever found the site was because I typed "backstage jobs" in google. (And it has turned out to be a very good google search).

fark backstage.com. This is ludicrous. As an industry we just lost something very special and useful.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

It is indeed some kinda bull ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back