Automated Fixtures Beam effects for a school awards evening

Shortie3

Hi All,

This is my first post on here so I'm not 100% sure on how it works and if this is the sort of question that gets asked on here. I am 15 and am the student technical director at my secondary school. In a month or so we have an awards evening and I have been given a small budget to make it look impressive. They are hoping for some beam effects etc to make it look like the BAFTAs or similar. What fixtures would you suggest for some nice effects. Although my budget is looking to be small, our Technical Director at school worked for Whitelight so can get cheap hire.

Many Thanks,

Shortie3

The mention of BAFTAs (US Oscars/Academy Awards) and Whitelight hinted to me that you're in the UK (not that location is terribly important in this case)...

You want two things: Haze, to allow the beams to be visible, and A fixture with a bright, concentrated narrow beam, aka the Clay Paky Sharpy, or the ridiculously expensive and heavy Syncrolite.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

For extra credit, see if your supplier can get them in gold:
proxy.php

As used in the 2013(?) Academy Awards in Hollywood.

After that, program your favorite ballyhoo for the announce/winner walk-up, and then a settle for the acceptance speech. Rinse and repeat. Easy-peasy.

If budget-challenged, see http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/source-four-searchlights.36259/ .

Reactions: Les

Users who are viewing this thread

Back