Beer on the console

if this is such a no-no, then why does every touring lighting designer/director i've ever known or seen usually have a beer glued to his/her hand by the beginning of the second set?

if this is such a no-no, then why does every touring lighting designer/director i've ever known or seen usually have a beer glued to his/her hand by the beginning of the second set?

Because touring LDs for bands can do what they want. They tend to have a fairly solid gig, and seeing as more than a few bands go on fairly well lubricated, I suppose they figure one or ten isnt a problem. Not something I would ever do, accuracy of motor skills goes down too fast... Possibly your local crews are irksome?

haha, i was being facetious, i know touring LDs do what they want, it's why i wanna be one! as for irksome crews, idk about the ones i wasn't on, but i like to think that i reduce the irking factor of the crews i am on. i'm typically the one that does stuff that the roadies ask for even when it distinctly is not in my job description (one time a crew i worked with needed ice and a cooler for a some sodas, and had asked at the beginning of load-in, no one got any ice, not even the catering staff. at the end of load-in, i grabbed a cooler, asked if they still wanted someone to get ice, they did, i filled it with ice, one of them came back from their bus with a case of coca-cola and and i helped her fit all the cans into the cooler and ice. all of them loved me from that point forward.):grin:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back