Mixers/Consoles Behringer X32 local inputs 9-16 not working!

Murpi

Hi.
I ordered this mixer from thomann and tested it some days. I discovered that local inputs 9 to 16 in backside of mixer are not working. Not any signal is coming in from this connectors. All other inputs are working perfectly. If i route some other inputs to mixer faders 9-16 then signal is coming to faders. But if i plug somethint to analog inputs 9-16 then no signal. Have anybody some experience like that? I asked help from thomann and behringer but for now no answers yet.
Any suggestions?
:(
[email protected]

If you turn on phantom power for any of local inputs 9-16 does the corresponding LED on the rear panel light up? I have not seen a X32 opened up but it at least looks like the inputs might be 8 input cards and if so then whether the phantom power indicators work might support or eliminate it being a bad card or a bad connection to a card.

If you route local inputs 1-8 to channels 9-16 and local inputs 9-16 to channels 1-8 does the problem follow the inputs? Just trying to delineate it being the actual physical inputs versus the input 9-16 to channel 9-16 crosspoints in the routing/virtual patching.

Joe Sanborn with Behringer has been around here lately, maybe he can provide the appropriate contact information for Estonia.

If you turn on phantom power for any of local inputs 9-16 does the corresponding LED on the rear panel light up? I have not seen a X32 opened up but it at least looks like the inputs might be 8 input cards and if so then whether the phantom power indicators work might support or eliminate it being a bad card or a bad connection to a card.

If you route local inputs 1-8 to channels 9-16 and local inputs 9-16 to channels 1-8 does the problem follow the inputs? Just trying to delineate it being the actual physical inputs versus the input 9-16 to channel 9-16 crosspoints in the routing/virtual patching.

Joe Sanborn with Behringer has been around here lately, maybe he can provide the appropriate contact information for Estonia.

Hi.
Thank you for answer.

If i turn the phantom on, then corresponding LEDs light up next XLR connector but no signal anyway. Even in meters panel no twinkle some indicators. If i plug mic or line cable some other input, the meters panel shows some twinkle. If i route inputs some different configuration (local 9-10 to faders 1-8) same result. If i route local 1-8 to faders 9-16 then i get signal in fader 9 to 16. I think something is wrong with analog inputs 9-16.

Erik

Sounds like that block of channels has failed. Since it's a group of 8 in sequence it's most likely that sub-module.

I would contact your dealer and get a replacement console, as opposed to allowed big ol B to repair it. Their quality control is noticeably lacking, and personally i'd be worried more would go wrong in the future if they just replaced that part.

Or contact Behringer tech support, (they are very good) they can walk you through some more in depth troubleshooting. They may not be patched correctly or you may be working with buggy firmware (they have already sent out firmware updates)

Sounds like that block of channels has failed. Since it's a group of 8 in sequence it's most likely that sub-module.

I would contact your dealer and get a replacement console, as opposed to allowed big ol B to repair it. Their quality control is noticeably lacking, and personally i'd be worried more would go wrong in the future if they just replaced that part.

Behringer has made great strides in their customer service and support. PM JoeSanborn if he doesn't reply here first and I'm sure he can tell you who to call.

Hi.
I ordered this mixer from thomann and tested it some days. I discovered that local inputs 9 to 16 in backside of mixer are not working. Not any signal is coming in from this connectors. All other inputs are working perfectly. If i route some other inputs to mixer faders 9-16 then signal is coming to faders. But if i plug somethint to analog inputs 9-16 then no signal. Have anybody some experience like that? I asked help from thomann and behringer but for now no answers yet.
Any suggestions?
[email protected]

Hello Murpi,

I'm sending you a PM.

Chase McKnight
MUSIC Group

Thanks everybody for your answers! I will contact with behringer support and also with Thomann where i bought this mixer. Hopefully they will give me some good solutions. I have 3 year quarantee but anyway it's sad because my work will interrupted and sending console back to germany is expensive.
If anybody have more thoughts, this case stays open.

Erik

Hey,

Chase is the resident X32 expert. He will assist. See above post.

Gonna have to say, less than 3 hours form post to customer support, not bad.

Kyle Chirnside
MIDAS/KLARK TEKNIK
LAS VEGAS, NV

Actually, it sounds like a ribbon cable, and this may just require re-seating, this is probably a issue with shipping. The probablity of anything "failing" or going wrong after the fix is next to none.

Kyle Chirnside
MIDAS/KLARK TEKNIK

Last edited:
Actually, it sounds like a ribbon cable, and this may just require re-seating, this is probably a issue with shipping. The probablity of anything "failing" or going wrong after the fix is next to none.

Kyle Chirnside
MIDAS/KLARK TEKNIK

Exactly what I was thinking. Any pointers for Murphi on which screws to remove? Maybe someone has a YouTube tutorial. Or maybe it's completely obvious once you're looking at the console?

Hi bishopthomas,

As simple as this issue may be, I cannot advise Murpi to open his own console. The best course of action is having his console taken to an authorized repair center in which a trained professional can perform the fix or have the console swapped out by the dealer.

Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
MUSIC Group

Hi bishopthomas,

As simple as this issue may be, I cannot advise Murpi to open his own console. The best course of action is having his console taken to an authorized repair center in which a trained professional can perform the fix or have the console swapped out by the dealer.

Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
MUSIC Group
First, not knowing the internal circuitry or connectivity, would the fact that the phantom power seems to work potentially impact the problem being a poorly seated ribbon cable?

Second, Murpi is located in Estonia, which apparently has no service center (you can select Estonia in the first service menu on the Behringer web site but that takes you to a page that then doesn't include Estonia in the service centers listed). As they are apparently both the original dealer and a service center, the most practical option seems to be to go through Thomann in Germany.

Third, thank you for posting the first MUSIC Group representative posts that I recall not containing any promotional content. I was with someone yesterday who commented about working with some companies that promoted their employees approaching every social interaction as a marketing opportunity so this is apparently not unique to Behringer or MUSIC Group but it can get annoying rather quickly.

First, not knowing the internal circuitry or connectivity, would the fact that the phantom power seems to work potentially impact the problem being a poorly seated ribbon cable?

Second, Murpi is located in Estonia, which apparently has no service center (you can select Estonia in the first service menu on the Behringer web site but that takes you to a page that then doesn't include Estonia in the service centers listed). As they are apparently both the original dealer and a service center, the most practical option seems to be to go through Thomann in Germany.

Third, thank you for posting the first MUSIC Group representative posts that I recall not containing any promotional content. I was with someone yesterday who commented about working with some companies that promoted their employees approaching every social interaction as a marketing opportunity so this is apparently not unique to Behringer or MUSIC Group but it can get annoying rather quickly.

Hello museav,

This may not pertain directly to Murpi's console, but each microphone input PCB are in banks of eight and have two connections- a ribbon cable for audio, and a multi-pin connection for power (phantom power). If a ribbon cable is disconnected, audio will not pass but phantom power will still apply if engaged.

All of us at MUSIC Group are committed to reaching out and helping people. We're excited about the X32 and want to answer questions people may have about it. That said, feel free to PM me directly if there's anything I can do.

Kind regards,

Chase McKnight
MUSIC Group

With all of the bolstering of their image on here, it sounds like this board is just more par-for-the course from Behringer. With a new desk on tap for the start of next season, it's nice to see why the university I work for keeps Behringer on the "do not buy" list.

With all of the bolstering of their image on here, it sounds like this board is just more par-for-the course from Behringer. With a new desk on tap for the start of next season, it's nice to see why the university I work for keeps Behringer on the "do not buy" list.

What is your problem? So a console has a possibly manufacturing defect. Every manufacturer on the planet faces the same issues. So what. If you get a Soundcraft Vi6 and it has a manufacturing defect, are you going to put them on your "Do not buy" list as well?

No, I stop buying products that are known for constant failure and blatant copyright infringement. It's amazing that this is the only place in the world where there are Behringer fanboys (never thought I'd type THOSE words) and the company is welcomed to shill their downgraded products.

And, does NO ONE else find it ironic that after a MAJOR corporate blitz by the salesmen at Behringer not two threads or so ago about how their product is amazing and revolutionary and that they have parted from their own ways (while never admitting to what the rest of the professional industry knows), that a thread about losing an entire set of channels on their flagship console comes up? Same old story with Behringer: Imitate, don't innovate.

For those of us who make a living at their trade, there is a very good reason you don't see Behringer desks in professional venues that stay around for longer than a season. I know it will upset those of you who are followers of the cheap-and-copy cult of Behringer, but the truth hurts. And, I know that I've been attacked for stating my experience (which is funny since isn't that forums are supposed to be used for), but I'm just not cool with a company getting free advertising when they make and have made inferior products for years.

Hi.
Any suggestions?

Hi Murpi,
Sorry to hear you are having trouble.
I did not catch your post a few days ago.
Let's get this sorted out. Do you have access to SKYPE? If this is possible I will get Chase on the line and we can get this fixed.
I believe this is minor and probably just a ribbon cable that needs to be reseated.

Send me a PM with when you might be able to do this with us.

Best
Joe Sanborn
Manager, Channel Marketing
MUSIC Group
BEHRINGER

Just stumbled over this thread.
Rather than listening to Behringer haters here, check out Sound Forums Network - The Front Page where you find qualified opinions from some 240,000 members and viewers plus REAL users. Uli Behringer himself adresses some interesting topics.
Aside from our Yamaha PM7's and LS9's which we are using for shows and theatre work, we just purchased several X32's which offer amazing value. Also check out the SOS review which provides good information. Good luck!

John

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back