Bel Digital Audio BM-A1-64Dante Firmware

Hey y'all,

One of the venues I frequent has a Bel Digital Audio BM-A1-64Dante. From what I can tell via the WayBack Machine, Bel Digital went out of business last March.

From what I can see, apparently there was a firmware update for the aforementioned piece of gear that the house tech didn't know about until after Bel's website went down.

Just figured I'd see if everyone knew anyone who might know someone that could possibly help.

Thanks

You could try and find Barry Revels or Craig Lovell on Linkedin, Facebook, or Twitter, and see if they can put you in touch with anyone.

It's a very niche product and as someone who knows a lot of niche manufacturers I've never even heard of Bel Digital. I don't think you're going to have much luck tracking down someone who not only owns their products but happens to still have a copy of the latest firmware. Probably best to try and track down someone who worked for them.

I've rented these units a few times from Masque Sound in NYC. I'd reach out to their shop and see if their tech dept. has a copy of the firmware if you exhaust other resources -- but I really doubt a lot of people were checking for firmware updates when they bought these things.

I've taken to using QLab and building mic cues into a Cue Cart, and making a hybrid device including the Headphone output and DVSC when I have a rental that includes this particular listen station so I'm already a little biased against it from the start.

Looking at what the firmware update actually is it seems like useful set of new features, but knowing how un-intuitive the Bel Listen Station is to actually use I'd wonder if it's actually worth the hassle to update it and if you'd actually use the new feature sets.

Seems like the 3 big features are
1. Dante Labels appear on the faceplate -- Faceplate is so tiny, it's cool to have a reference but I always end up making a big printed spreadsheet and posting it on the RF rack when I use these so I don't need reading glasses to find my RF.
2. Custom stereo mixes -- Not a feature I'd use, normally I just return a few busses from the console back to the Bel to hear a band mix and a vocal mix
3. Speaker auto-mutes when headphones are put in -- That's actually kind of useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back