Best Video Camera

Has there been a resolution to this thread? I'm coming up on an identical issue...
H.S. Auditorium about 120 feet from rear of house to the (50' wide) stage, looking for a latecomer monitor. HD is not important to me. The run from the camera to the monitor is about 15 feet. Audio is run from the board.

Budget; give or take 1,000. Let's pretend mounting/power isn't a problem... only real requirements; be able to give a relatively good picture of a stage over 100 feet away, and not turn itself off.

Thanks all! You're the best.

Go to B&H Photo and click on the Surveillance category.
Analog & HD Cameras
Using the checkboxes, whittle down the selection to fixed position and 2 Megapixel and 1.5 Megapixel. There are 9 cameras available meant for security surveillance but high quality enough to produce a decent picture. I think these are the only cameras you'll find that fit the bill of permanently installed non-recording camera.
Also, most output HD-SDI, so if that doesn't work for you...then try the prosumer camera category. But I looked...they all have recording functionality and "too much brains."

The $1000 Orion Images camera looks VERY nice.
Orion Images CHDC-22SDC HD-SDI Camera CHDC-22SDC B&H Photo Video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back