Control/Dimming Bijou Plus

Our high school recently completed the construction of a new performing arts center. EDI was the company chosen by the general contractor for the lighting system. So far we are generally pretty happy with the Bijou Plus control board and EDI's dimmer system. However we have had to become quickly self-taught on how to best use the system. Two questions..

1- Is there a way to add a cue to the "middle" of an existing preset cue set?
2- Any general help/ideas on how to best utilize the system?

ive never worked with those boards before but on my board if i want to make a cue in between two cues i just use a number in between them like if i want to go in between 1 and 2 then i would write 1.5. Once i didnt have the room to do that so linked the cue to the end then linked it back. but i would look in the manual that came with the board because it will tell you how to do it for that board. hope this helps.

I don't know for sure, but the Bijou is very much like the old ETC Express you should be able to record decimal numbered cues to insert cues into the stack. I also would guess that there's a way to insert a cue and renumber but don't know that for sure. It's a pretty straight forward console and seems pretty easy to learn from the demo I saw at LDI.

As for hints to best use the system, are you looking for information about this specific board or about using a programmable light board in general?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back