Blood in Bloody Bloody Andrew Jackson (When Using Switchblades)

propguy

I know things have been talked about before but I was not exactly finding the info I needed. Sorry if anything posted become a repeat.
I found this Make a Switchblade | Prop Agenda I know I can achive this easily and cheaply but I just talked with my director and he was thinking Sweeney Todd style straight razors with blood. I like the idea but could it be done with the fake switchblade in the link? Also, my initial idea was to have something on the actors' arms that would seep blood as it was "cut". Any ideas would be great. You guys are always a great help. Thank you in advance!!!

Wow, that's really neat, Michael. But I have to ask: How does a (I'm guessing) Hollywood SFX artist dealing mostly in atmospherics get into making blood?* Chemicals is chemicals, I suppose. Fun blog to read, too. Bookmark?=Yes.

*Ah, Tri-Ess also makes Smoke Cookies. I thought I recognized the name.
Smoke Cookies are only sold to qualified technitions with federal licences. Pyro Agreement Required.

Last edited:
A long time coming, but the final look was using the fake switchblade with fake blood preset in a wash basin. While one actor talked the other actor, by slight of hand, got the tip and a small bit of the edge covered in blood and then slid this along the actor's skin as if cutting them and it was pretty realistic and convincing. This was in a small space but the actors were far enough upstage to achieve the effect.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back