The above Ad will no longer appear after you Sign Up for Free!

Call for Q-File

Discussion in 'Lighting and Electrics' started by STEVETERRY, Jun 25, 2009.

1. STEVETERRY

STEVETERRY Well-Known Member

All-

Fred Foster is looking for a Thorn Q-File to add to his console museum at ETC. If anyone knows of one in complete condition that's available, please let me know.

Thanks

ST

2. SteveB

SteveB Well-Known Member

No Q-File, but I know of a guy in Hicksville, L.I., that has a Channel Track. Possibly a Multi-Q and I am dead certain a Micro-Q.

Steve B.

3. NevilleLighting

NevilleLighting Active Member

Wow, and old Q-File. How cool. I think that makes me feel a little old. Good luck with that Steve. Ahhh, and the old Micro-Q. I sure suffered a few turns with that one. Good luck to you Steve.

David

4. renegadeblack

renegadeblack Active Member

Curious as to figure out what this Q-file thing is, I googled and then did an image search and well... Thorn Q-file - Google Image Search 3rd row, second column. Van, might you have one?

Btw, anyone care to make this slightly educational and explain what they are? :grin:

Im thinking it might be some sort of punch card method of storing cues?

5. derekleffew

derekleffew Resident Curmudgeon Senior Team Premium Member

The Thorn/Kliegl Q-File was one of the first widely accepted memory lighting control systems. It was installed in many opera houses and high-profile TV studios. Kliegl Q-File 1000 Preliminary Data.

It could also be argued that there wouldn't be an ETC today had it not been for the Q-File.