CD80-SV Dimmer rack control unit replacement

Hi folks - Our 15 year old CD80 control units are going bad (of course - they lasted five years longer than they could have). Too often they've gone into Panic mode for no reason. I've been working with Johnson Systems, but the dollars are enough I may have to find quotes etc to satisfy those-who-wear-suits.

Does anyone else reputable make replacement systems for the Strand CD80-SV control computers and wall control units?

Thanks!
Kevin (At Blinn) Patrick

If you rack is going into panic most likely the on board processor battery is going bad. We can still fix the cd80sv processors but you will need to go thur a Strand dealer to get it back to us.

If you looking to upgrade the processor we make a retro fit kit that will take the processor up to a C21 processor. If you upgrade to a C21 processor, you can also use Vision Net stations to control the dimming rack. Let me know if you have any questions.

Matt Peters - Strand tech support.

Do you know what type of stations you currently have? If you have Outlook stations, then you can reuse the wiring for the vision net. All you need is two wires for data and two wires for power. I have listed below my email, if you have any other questions. Thanks

[email protected]

Matt Peters - Strand Lighting

Some suits will listen to the idea that different suppliers/installers competing is enough to make sure you aren't getting ripped off. Repair vs replacement is different question.

There are also some independent repair shops. (I've used http://www.emlight.com/) It would surprising to see more than one retrofit kit solution for such a niche product.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back