cerwin vega

ok, so not sure if this is theater related, but i jsut picked up tow cerwin vega sl-36 subs for 100$. i ran them through an old amp i had laying around, no crossover or anything jsut to see if they worked and we not blown, well they didnt sound bad, jsut when we had it turned way up, but agian it wasnt running through anything besieds my ipod and an amp. i was jsut curious if i could go from my amp to a x over and from that to these two speakers and my four yamaha br12's or i need a second amp, and run from the crossover with each signal to each spcefic amp. thanks again.

Yes, you will need a second amp in this situation.

You will need a serious amp for these subwoofers.
1000 watts @ 8 Ohms per channel is ideal

haha i figured, i ran them with this old bogen i have i think the thing is like 60 watts, nad man even with that little my house was shaking haha. my parents wna tme to sell them so i have to figure out a way to keep them. Also what would be a good xover, i would be running from an ipod or comp, then to the crossover then to each amp, can i sue my 1100 watt amp for my 4 speakers, then the sub output on the crossover to my sub amp, im new to this whole thing. can i basically run it like that?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back