Control/Dimming Change mapping of sliders/faders on a Strand 300 Console

Studio

I have an older strand console (i believe the 500 series, it's modular and folds in half) it runs the Strand OS on MS-DOS. The unit has 5 sections of sliders and one control panel. My question is how do you change what channel each slider is mapped to. Currently they are randomly mapped and some aren't mapped at all. I am wanting to run this console in 2 scene preset and changing the channel assignments to the faders would be helpful because my lights are already patched. I have read the manual and it was no help, the only thing mentioned was adding more modular panels (up to 7) and how to number panels, but nothing about the individual sliders. :( I wouldn't mind even if they were reset to starting at 1 and continuing across the board.

Any Ideas Would be Appreciated.

If it folds it's a 300.

It's been a few months since I had to think about this, but I believe it is under SETUP/CONSOLE SETUP and then it's TILE SETUP.

I most likely have the path wrong, but that's the general idea. The complete manual will have it (and now that you know what you are looking for it should be easier to find).

Set up a scene as you wish, then hit the following
Sub 1 Record Record
- Records a scene onto a fader
- Blacks out stage

Now bring up the first fader (If not labelled will probably be the first one on the top row of faders) and there you go, now replace Sub 1 Record Record with 2 and so on and so forth.

Quick start Manual can be found here.
Any more questions, ask away!
Nick

Users who are viewing this thread

Back