Control/Dimming Chauvet Colorstrip Waterfall effect?

wonder

hello all. i'm new here.

I'm programming a light show for a concert. I'm programming in Digital Performer using MIDI tracks to automate with the backing music tracks.

I have 4 CHAUVET COLORSTRIP lights and am using a DMXIS box to interface the lights and the laptop.

Question: is it possible to get the "waterfall" effect using these lights? ie, I want the lights in all BLUE to waterfall from top to bottom. I'm getting fairly acquainted with regular programming the basic ON/OFF/FADE with each color but I can't seem to figure out how to get this specific effect with these lights and the DMX software.

is this even possible?

any help is appreciated.

Loking at the manual, it doesn't appear that there is a way for you to program this look yourself on these fixtures, since they don't appear to have individual control of each block of LEDs. I think your only option will be to look through the 13(?) pre-programmed chases that are accessible on DMX Ch. 1 values 80-209 and hope that one of those will suit your needs.

Good luck!

Chauvet's ColorRail will do what you want as it has 8 pixels. The ColorStrip will not do what you desire.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back