Chauvet Hurricane Flex 1800

carsonld

I recently ordered a Chauvet Hurricane Flex 1800 fog machine. It has one channel which is for fog output. I have multiple questions being I haven't worked much with DMX. I am working with a ETC eos. My question is, I dont have "DMX" I have "ETC Net" So I am very confused if this fog machine will even work. I know that I have a DMX node on stage right and stage left. I am guessing I connect a 3 pin DMX chord to the fog machine and then to the DMX node and this converts it to ETC Net? If so how do I hook this up to my light board and a submaster? I am completely lost.

Etc net and dmx are different things. Etc net is a language that etc devices use to talk to each other such as your primary board and a rfu. Dmx On the other hand is the language that fixtures use to communicate with the lighting board. You are correct that you will need to plug the 3 pin dmx cable into you dmx node. The next step you will want to assign an address to the fog machine. Make sure that no dimmer or other fixture is assigned to the same address. Then you will have to go to the patch screen of your board and enter the address and type of fixture. In this case the hurricane flex. Other things you may run into is that the dmx node may be on a different universe from the dimmers.

Check out this post for more information on patching fixtures.

http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/how-in-the-world-do-you-patch-dmx-to-a-board.25788/

Etc net and dmx are different things. Etc net is a language that etc devices use to talk to each other such as your primary board and a rfu. Dmx On the other hand is the language that fixtures use to communicate with the lighting board. You are correct that you will need to plug the 3 pin dmx cable into you dmx node. The next step you will want to assign an address to the fog machine. Make sure that no dimmer or other fixture is assigned to the same address. Then you will have to go to the patch screen of your board and enter the address and type of fixture. In this case the hurricane flex. Other things you may run into is that the dmx node may be on a different universe from the dimmers.

Check out this post for more information on patching fixtures.

http://www.controlbooth.com/threads/how-in-the-world-do-you-patch-dmx-to-a-board.25788/

Okay. Well we have our light board patched 1:1, meaning channel one goes to dimmer one. We have channels 1-288. So could i set the fog machine to channel 300?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back