Chauvet Q spots

Hi all,
I've been considering adding some LED q spots, most likely the 260's. I know they were discontinued but I like them for a lot of reasons especially the price. Is getting them used a bad idea even if its a great price? Better off with restock that has some sort of warranty?
Thanks

I just got some Chauvet Intimidator 350 spots, they cost less than a grand and I've been pretty happy with them so far. Plus, they are LEDs so no lamps to mess with. You can see six of them in action on the back wall here:

(Skip to 2:15 for the effect I like the most)

[video=youtube_share;_p7tpLgaFNw]http://youtu.be/_p7tpLgaFNw?t=2m15s[/video]

I can't make a recommendation without knowing the intended use and throw distances. The 260's are a nice fixture to be sure but do have their limitations.

We have 4 260s. They are nice if you are in a clean enviroment, if not you are going to want to filter up the intakes as they suck in alot of dust and you will start to notice black specs of dirt when using them. They don't have zoom so your gonna wanna find that right spot to put them in as they only have a 19 degree lens. They have some punch but trying to cut through a full house wash is out of the question. Problems you will run into is fan control as it has none that is the first thing you are going to wanna check if your getting them used. Check your optical sensors as well. Other then that good luck.

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know they didn't have zoom, I'm guessing that means you can't gobo morph the 2 wheels. The 350's are great but overkill for what I need ( jam band opening a brewery) and for half the cost the 260's might be blinding people as it is (few hundred people max). I guess I was wondering more about reliability. My dealer says the reason there as so many restock and they were discontinued is Chauvet was having to repair so many. Should I not get them second hand?

Thanks for the feedback. I didn't know they didn't have zoom, I'm guessing that means you can't gobo morph the 2 wheels. The 350's are great but overkill for what I need ( jam band opening a brewery) and for half the cost the 260's might be blinding people as it is (few hundred people max). I guess I was wondering more about reliability. My dealer says the reason there as so many restock and they were discontinued is Chauvet was having to repair so many. Should I not get them second hand?

I think you answered your own question.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back