Checking in from St.Louis, Hello!

Hello everyone,

I am an undergraduate studying theatrical lighting design. I graduate in a couple semesters and so I am getting on here to hopefully gain some advice from industry veterans about what to do with my career moving forward. Also I am on here to ask questions when I inevitably get stumped by something I encounter out in the wild.

I do just as much electrician work as I do designing, but my ultimate goal is to go on tour with a show one day, and I really want to try my hand at programming live music/concerts. I know these goals are lofty, but I have my whole career ahead of me to try to reach them. Hopefully with your guys advice, getting started won't be the trials of Hercules.

-Conner

Welcome @Conner Jones .

By way of encouragement--while your goals may seem "lofty", not only CAN they be achieved, but HAVE been achieved, by others before you.

We now present for your viewing pleasure...
SQUEEK II - The Next Generation

Seriously, start by reading this: https://www.controlbooth.com/wiki/Collaborative-Articles:Getting-a-Job-in-the-Industry , and asking questions.

I was actually inspired by that very post to make this account today. I read that, and I figured that I have a lot to learn. I also figured that if I am gonna get anything really accomplished, I'll need your guys advice.

Thanks for the post. ;)

You should find your way over to Logic Systems in STL, they are a VERY good place to cut your teeth!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back