Church Fellowship Hall Sound System

Given the constraints of your situation - you can't mount ceiling speakers - you probably need to mount a fair number of smaller speakers. That way you don't have to up the volume on any particular set of speakers.

Look at indoor/outdoor speakers. JBL Control 23T 2-Way 3-1/2" Indoor/Outdoor Speaker Pair White | Musician's Friend
They are small, somewhat unobtrusive, come with mounting hardware and can be painted. Rather than four speakers with lots of volume, you would have more (say as many as eight, but at least six). The list of these is $218 a pair - so we're talking $654 or more for the speakers (possibly $872). After you add in the wire you're talking more. Add in an amplifier, you are talking still more. I'm not saying these are the speakers you should get - I'm saying this might be an alternative way to look at things.

Thanks for the advice. What is the difference between the JBL Control 23T and the JBL Contol 23(like the one from guitar center)? The only thing that I could notice is that the on 23 one did not mention anything about a 70V/100V system and it was $20 cheaper. Does that mean that the 23 one works with normal amps?

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice. What is the difference between the JBL Control 23T and the JBL Contol 23(like the one from guitar center)? The only thing that I could notice is that the on 23 one did not mention anything about a 70V/100V system and it was $20 cheaper. Does that mean that the 23 one works with normal amps?

You would probably want the Control 23. They have an 8 ohm impedance and look like they would work with a regular PA system amp.

Can I chain 4 of them together(200W combined) on each channel and get like a 300W per channel amp? Does that sound doable? How much extra can I go over by does it matter? Should I connect them all together in a chain, connect 2 together then go back to amp or each one back to amp?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back