Conventional Fixtures Clay Paky Alpha Spot HPE 700 cleaning the CMY flags?

Hi Everyone,

I have some Clay Paky Alpha Spot HPE 700 fixtures that I am tearing down for a deep clean. Does anyone have a good technique for getting at and cleaning the CMY flags on both sides?

Thank you.
CP AP HPE 700 CMY.jpg

I would recommend Brillianize and some of these lens wipes. Don't use Windex, it will leave a residue on the flags. Don't use paper towels, they will leave all sorts of schmutz on the flags. If there's a lot of oil on them, isopropyl alcohol (70% or higher) first, but keep it away from the glue holding the flags to the metal. If you have any tough areas to reach, try these.

I would recommend Brillianize and some of these lens wipes. Don't use Windex, it will leave a residue on the flags. Don't use paper towels, they will leave all sorts of schmutz on the flags. If there's a lot of oil on them, isopropyl alcohol (70% or higher) first, but keep it away from the glue holding the flags to the metal. If you have any tough areas to reach, try these.
Thanks Steve!

Those products look helpful for sure. Never use the Brillianize, does it remove fly specs on lenses? I have iso and lens wipes that I use to clean color wheels, and use ammonia free glass cleaner on lens- wiped off well.

I'm mostly looking at the flag cleaning from the mechanical side of things, the easiest way to get to both sides of the flags without using a swab and carefully working between the stacked flags. After looking at it some more it looks like swabbing is going to be the only way. Thanks again for the input. Ordering more swabs now...

-Shannon

Attachments

• CP AP HPE 700 CMY from side.jpg
    CP AP HPE 700 CMY from side.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 78
Last edited:
Personally, I would try to disassemble the module for cleaning. Take pictures/video as you're pulling it apart so you know what goes back where. Hopefully there's a way to leave the flags on the rods, and just set each set of rods/flags in removal order on a clean surface for cleaning and then you can put it right back together.

Personally, I would try to disassemble the module for cleaning. Take pictures/video as you're pulling it apart so you know what goes back where. Hopefully there's a way to leave the flags on the rods, and just set each set of rods/flags in removal order on a clean surface for cleaning and then you can put it right back together.
That would be ideal. I can't find an easy way to do that type of disassembly on this module. The only service documents I have been able to get from CP is the exploded diagram, which does not go that in-depth on tear downs. Just looking for procedures on the CMY Flag Cleaning if anyone has worked on these units before.
Thanks again for your input, much appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back