ClearCom HME dx100 tech spec troubleshoot

Any thoughts on the cause? And the fix?
The most likely cause, 2.4gHz interference. The fix, limit usage of 2.4gHz wireless access points. If you can disable channel hopping on your networks and lock them to several broadcast channels this will mitigate some issues so that when the DX100 does a channel scan it has fixed targets to avoid and not moving targets. The DX100 is pushing 18 years since release, it's digital technology that's almost old enough to vote and wireless access points use more bandwidth and channel hope more aggressively than they did 18 years ago.

I’ve read you can change the 2.4 band from High to Low…but don’t know how to do it. The manual mentions it (see page 9) but page 9 doesn’t say anything!
By default the DX100 should be covering the full frequency range, I believe the Low and High options are there in case you're trying to limit broadcast channels around active wireless networks, if memory serves correctly there are DIP switches inside the unit that change these things, but if you buy a factory default unit it'll just hop the full spectrum.

Also looking for more detailed information on what this little dial does. Turn down a battery alert? I’ve never heard a warning. Don’t want to frankly…

And the DIP switches. Is there a full list of what they deal with? I read that the number 4 has to do with secondary base stations. But the others? Looking for Full definitions/explanations of the dip switch positions.

Attachments

• IMG_9313.jpeg
    IMG_9313.jpeg
    989.3 KB · Views: 41
  • IMG_9314.jpeg
    IMG_9314.jpeg
    844.6 KB · Views: 41
Page 8 of the Manual explains how to set Low/High/All on the frequency range of your device, I was mistaken thinking it was in the DIP switches, I was correct that it is set to ALL from the factory.

There seems to be nothing in any manual about the DIP switches aside from Switch #4, which leads me to think they don't want those touched. I'd hazard a guess that this board is a common board with other items in the lineup and those DIP switches come into play in other variants (perhaps the EU model for the AutoHF DIP switch, or perhaps an upgraded model with 4WR I/O for the Split Audio function which I imagine would separate the IC and ISO audio streams).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back