ClearCom PK5

Taniith

Does anyone happen to have a ClearCom PK5 power supply kicking around that they wouldn't mind taking the cover off of? We fried a resistor in ours ("R1") due to a short in a cable, and we're trying to figure out what value to replace it with. Our TD is an electrical engineer, so we can reasonably guess, but it never hurts to get the correct value.

(And before anyone suggests emailing ClearCom, I did. They didn't seem interested in helping)

Resistor.jpg

It appears to be R4, but what I find amusing is that it is socketed, too bad this the one that blew isn't socketed....

It appears to be R4, but what I find amusing is that it is socketed, too bad this the one that blew isn't socketed....

It looks like the one to the right of the R4 is an R1.

Yeah I meant the very far right.

Ah, good catch! I'll have to look, though I suspect it's a number in the teens rather than another R1.

From all the wiring diagrams I been looking at in search for this one I haven't found like resistors so you are prolly right. :/

I can tell you that it looks like the PK-7 and PK-5 might be the same PSU just one is for Party Line and other isn't.

Yeah, I haven't seen reused component numbers on other ClearCom schematics either. Given that the specs seem pretty much the same, I honestly wouldn't be surprised if the PK-7 is basically just the PK-5 in a pretty new box to match the updated ClearCom color scheme. It's just a basic power supply, after all. So if anyone out there has a PK-7... >.>

Thankfully, R1 is basically just acting as a hard to change fuse, so as long as we're close on values, it should be OK. I appreciate the attempt to track down the diagram, though!

Damn, it wasn't a R1 on the bottom. I kind of knew it when I started running into diagrams. Gratz!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back