Color matching to LED fixtures

eqrunner

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good color correction for S4 Pars/Lekos with 575w tungston lamps to best match with Colorforce 72 LED (RGBA) Fixtures? I only have R60, L202, L203, L204 in stock at the moment, and none of them seam to being matching well on camera.

The show venue that I have am working is using a line of ColorForce 72's as a stage wash, but wants to use Lekos for specials for the lecturn and other things. I am willing to order new gel, but figured it would be best to order the correct color.

Does anyone have a suggestion for a good color correction for S4 Pars/Lekos with 575w tungston lamps to best match with Colorforce 72 LED (RGBA) Fixtures? I only have R60, L202, L203, L204 in stock at the moment, and none of them seam to being matching well on camera.

The show venue that I have am working is using a line of ColorForce 72's as a stage wash, but wants to use Lekos for specials for the lecturn and other things. I am willing to order new gel, but figured it would be best to order the correct color.

Here is what Im thinking: The S4s are going to be specials, no? If they are, then you dont actually NEED to make them the same color as the LEDs. Try and find yourself a gel that either ups the temperature of the light, or possibly keep them N/C. I believe a lot of people round here like L202+ diffusion... My thought it gel them so that the specials stand out on camera. This might take a while with the DP or whoever is in charge of that aspect looking at a screen while you swap gels... Or adjusting the white balance a bit. The thing is, I doubt your going to be able to get a perfect blend between a tungsten source and LEDs, just because they are different not only in their source type but spectral output as well...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back