Comfortable costume armor

ruinexplorer

Sherpa
CB Mods
Premium Member
Fight Leukemia
HBO has a new show coming out this April that looks pretty cool (not enough for me to actually subscribe to the channel). Anyhow, there is a video about the construction of armor that was comfortable enough for the performers to wear for long hours of shooting.

Enjoy: HBO: Video: Home

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited by a moderator:
We have been making lightweight comfortable armour for the theatre, opera, tv and theme parks since 1968(Man of LaMancha armour started our business).
Here is a link to our online catalog:
Armour

See, and my opinion is the same with any costume, it needs to fit the individual. I used to do armored combat (still have my armor,just needs some work) and I quickly learned the importance of well fitting armor. After all, we would often spend hours per day suited up. If your armor fits well, then it's much better to wear than to carry, plus you mostly forget that you're wearing in excess of 50 pounds of gear.

Brian, could you comment on the video and their techniques versus what you might do to make the armor more comfortable?

I'll see if I can dig up some photos of my armor, but here's a stock photo until then.

proxy.php

Last edited:
Dramatics magazine had an article recently about normal sweaters created in such a way to look like chainmail. I believe it was counter pointing the silver threads with black ones to create the illusion of...or whatever.

Regardless, it was the first thing about costumes that really interested me so...

I actually just tried to find it, but it must be old to the point where it's not on the web site any more.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back