Computer based DMX Systems with Sound input

So after this last weekend, I am looking for a new DMX Computer based program.

On the last show, the bands Lighting Guy asked for a Aux with just the kick drum going out and he plugged it into his Lighting Console (Behringer one); and all he had to do was change the patterns/scenes and the drummer’s kick controlled the speed/tempo of changes.

Anything out there where I can take a music/sound/instrument signal (say kick or snare drum) and let the light change to the beat of the music?​

The E:Cue Lighting Application Suite (LAS) has a very nice audio input function. I was doing a very extensive search for lighting software that takes audio and lets you work with it in useful ways, and the E:Cue is the only one I have found that does it well.
You can advance steps in a sequence from the audio based on BPM.
You can modulate brightness of lamps/fixtures/LEDs in real time using any one of 8 frequency bands or overall volume peaks. I have created a 'VU meter' effect with a LED wall and it works beautifully.
There are a lot of cool things you can do with it and audio, definitely worth checking out.

e:cue - lighting control: Homepage

I believe Martin's LightJockey will accept audio inputs. I think Elation's Emulation will also, but I'm not 100% sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back