Control Martin QFX 150 Fibresource with ETC Express 250

igarrett

Hey there,
I'm having issues controlling an array (or at this point any) of 13 MArtin QFX 150 fiber source illuminators. Data is traveling on the second universe, switch addressed properly for 5 channels of contorl (1, 6, 11 and so on), but they just flash and spin. I've used them before with a GrandMA and even then there were issues. DMX (3 pin) is new today and the line is terminated. Doesn't work on the first universe either.

I can't get them to respond. My guess would be that the data isn't getting there, but can't say.

Any thoughts?

thanks
-ian-

Hey there,
I'm having issues controlling an array (or at this point any) of 13 MArtin QFX 150 fiber source illuminators. Data is traveling on the second universe, switch addressed properly for 5 channels of contorl (1, 6, 11 and so on), but they just flash and spin. I've used them before with a GrandMA and even then there were issues. DMX (3 pin) is new today and the line is terminated. Doesn't work on the first universe either.

I can't get them to respond. My guess would be that the data isn't getting there, but can't say.

First off, do you have universe 2 set up and active on the Express? I don't remember what the default is, but make sure that it is actually set to output 513-1024. I would also check to make sure that you have them patched correctly (though this shouldn't be an issue as if there was any data, they wouldn't move). Also, make sure that Dip Switch 10 on the illuminator is in the OFF position, as if it is on you are in stand-alone mode.

I'd go thru the standard troubleshooting of dmx.

1. Is the board outputting dmx?
2. Is the first fixture receiving it?
3. Is everything addressed correctly?

etc.

Ian,

You said you've experienced this before with a GrandMA. Were you experiencing the exact same symptoms? Have you, with any lighting desk, every been able to control these fixtures? If so, is the failure intermittent, or did they one day just decide to stop working?

Definitely check the dipswitch #10...the built-in stand-alone mode may possibly exhibit the symptoms you are seeing...

-Abby

Users who are viewing this thread

Back