ControlBooth is 8 years old!

derekleffew

Resident Curmudgeon
Senior Team
Premium Member
I'm not certain where I got the date, but it's on my calendar so it must be true.:)

Raise a celebratory glass to [USER]dvsDave[/USER] for all his hard work and dedication over the past eight years, and hope for many more.

Congratulations to Dave (and condolences to Rachel).

Hard to believe its been 8 years (and I've been around for 7 of them)! Even I, the guy in the background, can rack up almost 2,000 posts in that amount of time!

CB has really come a long way. You wouldn't believe all the scary rigging discussions we used to have -- and that I would participate in. This community has really grown in terms of sheer size, knowledge base and professionalism. I am proud to have been a part of that.

Can't wait to see what's in store for us in the next 8 years when our current 'newbies' are helping to train and shape the future generation of theatre technicians! All of us 'CB Vets' will still be here, just maybe a little more cranky ;).

And THANK YOU to DEVIOUS Dave!!!!

Last edited:
Huzzah! That's awesome. Many congratulations and thanks to Dave for such a wonderful site. I've been around since late 2005 - and I have to say, CB has come a very long way. I would never have imagined when I joined that I would be around for this long or that the site would have grown so much.

Thank you all! 8 Years!!! Wow!! I can hardly believe it myself! This is the most amazing community I've ever had the privilege to call home. I can't imagine my life without CB!

However, there's a small issue! You shouldn't be raising a glass to me! You should be raising it to each other! I'm just the guy behind the curtain, all of you make this community what it is! [-]I derive authority by the consent of the people[/-] (scratch that, I'm still a benevolent dictator ;) ). However, I would be a dictator of none, a sovereign of the void, a ruler of emptiness, if not for you, the community. You are the people that make this community what it is, a friendly place for those new to the industry and to the veterans alike, a haven to discuss what-ifs and how-do-I's?

2011 is going to be a BIG year. CB is going to take a GIANT leap forward, concentrating on making the forums so unbelievablely intuitive and easy to use that you will wonder how we ever did it in the past.

I hope you'll all stick around for another 8 years with me. I plan to be here a long time.

Thanks again,

dvsDave

Thanks for a great place to learn more about our avocation/occupation, depending on which it is. I am always trying to improve and stumbled by a day and been here since. Hope to see both CB and myself aroound for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back