Converting show file from ETC Express to Obsession 600

Footer

Senior Team
Senior Team
Premium Member
[MENTION=6409]MrsFooter[/MENTION] and I are taking a show down to the city that we are putting up at her space. The house console at her venue is an express 250 and the venue we are going to is an Obsession 600. I have done conversions from strand to express multiple times using ASCII. I can't find any OLE for the Obsession. Any way to get this show from the express into the Obsession 600? Will the Obsession 600 take an OBII file in any way?

Awesomeness. Guess we will be taking our own console then... unless SteveB wants to loan me his old one for the day...

...The house console at her venue is an express 250 and the venue we are going to is an Obsession 600. I have done conversions from strand to express multiple times using ASCII. I can't find any OLE for the Obsession. Any way to get this show from the express into the Obsession 600? Will the Obsession 600 take an OBII file in any way?

For those of you who don't have Footer's connections: Unfortunately, there is not an easy way, short of retyping the show file, to convert Express Show files to Obsession (especially Obsession I). Obsession I line consoles will not read an Obsession II file. Companies such as those that Derek posted:
...West Side Systems can convert FROM just about anything TO just about anything, for a for a fee beginning at $250.
do provide such a service.

Also, ASCII import is not supported in any of the Obsession OLEs.

As for Obsession I OLE versions, they are available for download from the ETC Website here. Please note that these are DOS based programs intended to run on Windows 98 or earlier computers.

For Obsession 2 OLE versions, please see the ETC Website here. Please note that early versions of these OLEs are intended to run on DOS based operating systems and will not work on later Windows versions. Obsession II 5.2.3 Offline is the latest version of OLE and will work with Windows systems including Windows 7. It also supports more advanced ASCII export for use when importing to Eos Family consoles (or other consoles that support ASCII import).

There are also some limitations converting from a version 3.x to a version 4.x+ file that may impact your experience with the console and OLE. If you have questions about those impacts, or need more information about the conversion process, please either PM me or call us at 800-688-4116.

Finally, the thread that Derek linked mentions use of a third party program called DOSBox. I have spent some (non-work) time playing with it and if you are interested in my results, please send me a PM and I will be happy to discuss further with you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back